IMG_4428Cl D (9)

Eglise Saint-Rémi et Saint-Front de Neuilly-Saint-Front

Cathedrals, churches and abbeys in Neuilly-Saint-Front
Free
  • Inside the castle built in 1236 by Thibaut IV, Count of Champagne, King of Navarre, there were two chapels dedicated to Saint Front and Saint Sebastian. They were joined by a choir and a nave in 1500. The stones of the castle, which was being demolished, were used in the construction of the church. The square tower, 22 meters high, with 4 geminated bays on each floor and topped by an octagonal spire of 16 m high, is the oldest part with the Romanesque door of the north-west which dates from...
    Inside the castle built in 1236 by Thibaut IV, Count of Champagne, King of Navarre, there were two chapels dedicated to Saint Front and Saint Sebastian. They were joined by a choir and a nave in 1500. The stones of the castle, which was being demolished, were used in the construction of the church. The square tower, 22 meters high, with 4 geminated bays on each floor and topped by an octagonal spire of 16 m high, is the oldest part with the Romanesque door of the north-west which dates from the 13th century. It should be noted that the walls of the church once housed "The Vow of Louis XIII", a painting by Simon Vouet, but that this masterpiece had to be moved to a place in the town that was more suitable for its preservation. Visits are only possible on request.
  • Rates
  • Free
Openings
Openings
  • All year 2024
Close