- Unesco label "Coteaux, Maisons et Caves de Champagne
Historic reminder for our UNESCO heritage listing in the category of “Coteaux, Maisons et Caves de Champagne”.
It was on July 4, 2015, in Bonn, Germany, the 21 representatives of the States-parties to the UNESCO World Heritage Convention voted unanimously to include the “Coteaux, Maisons et Caves de Champagne” on the World Heritage List, in the category of “Living Cultural Landscapes.”
A great step forward for our wine heritage.
The Exceptional Universal Value of the Champagne winegrowing cultural landscape, which gave birth to the wine of Champagne, is now recognized…
More broadly, it is also the recognition of all the work of production, elaboration and dissemination of the wine of Champagne transmitted and preserved in the 320 communes of the Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée Champagne (AOC) area. This Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée (AOC) area is spread over the 5 French departments of Marne, Aube, Aisne, Haute-Marne and Seine-et-Marne.
The Paysages du Champagne association created in 2007 to structure the approach, has played a mobilizing and federating role with all the protagonists of the perimeter of the Champagne AOC area. It is managed equally by the local authorities and the professionals of the wine industry. The Champagne Committee is among the founding members of the association and its steering committee.
- Label "Vignobles & Découvertes
Vignobles & Découvertes is a national label that distinguishes quality wine tourism services.
Created at the initiative of the Ministries of Agriculture and Tourism in 2009, its objective is to bring more visibility to wine-producing territories. It makes it easier for customers to prepare weekends and short stays in the vineyards.
The label is awarded by Atout France, France’s tourism development agency.
Locally, tourism institutions and interprofessions are responsible for the animation, promotion and marketing of labeled services. In Champagne, these are:
– the Tourist Development Agency of the Marne,
– the Departmental Committee of Tourism of the Aube,
– the Departmental House of Tourism of Haute-Marne,
– the Tourist Development and Reservation Agency of the Aisne,
– the Regional Committee of Tourism of Champagne-Ardenne,
– the Champagne Committee (CIVC),
– the Regional Chamber of Agriculture of Champagne-Ardenne.
These institutions support professionals who wish to become more involved in wine tourism:
– advice on obtaining the label,
– visits to apply for the label and administrative management with Atout France,
– implementation of an action plan for the promotion of the vineyards & discoveries network in Champagne: published-editorials in newspapers and specialized magazines, press relations, web campaigns, edition of dedicated promotional materials…
– implementation of an action plan for the marketing of the vineyards & discoveries in Champagne network: highlighting of labeled services during workshops, trade shows and other professional and general public events, relations with receptive agencies…
– implementation of an action plan for the animation of the vineyards & discoveries in Champagne network: meetings, newsletters, study trips, training…
Achieving the label:
What services are concerned by the label?
-Winegrowing operations, Houses and cooperatives,
-Accommodations: hotels, gîtes, bed and breakfasts, campsites and tourist residences,
-Heritage sites: museums, monuments…
On condition: That they are located in one of the labeled areas (Marne municipalities eligible for the label +):
– Montagne de Reims,
– Vallée de la Marne
– Vallée de la Marne Ouest,
– Coteaux Vitryats,
– Coteaux Sud d’Epernay – Côte des Blancs,
– Massif de Saint-Thierry Vallée de l’Ardre,
– Coteaux du Sézannais,
– Côte des Bar
And meet national criteria.
What the label brings you:
A customer promise & enhanced visibility.
A unique national wine tourism label, it ensures customers a complete discovery of the vineyard and a quality welcome from all professionals bearing the mark.
Labeled service providers are widely promoted in the promotional actions of the ADT and its partner colleagues:
– paper and digital communication media,
– 100% vineyards & discoveries press receptions,
– 100% vineyards & discoveries eductours.
– More than a label, a network
Meetings and exchange times between label holders are organized in order to create a collective dynamic (client referrals, partnerships…):
– experience sharing,
– technical meeting,
– discovery visits…
If you fit the criteria or are simply interested? Contact Beatrice!
- Label "White Book of Wine Tourism
A strategic policy in favor of wine tourism
For the first assises de l’oenotourisme en Champagne, more than 400 people present on Thursday, March 21, 2019 at the Centre Vinicole – Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte, in Chouilly.
At the request of the actors of wine tourism in Champagne, the Mission Coteaux, Maisons et Caves de Champagne gathered for more than a year the Wine Tourism group in order to formalize a strategic policy in favor of wine tourism in a “White Paper”. This was presented and officially signed at the first Wine Tourism Conferences.